About the North Carolina Interscholastic Cycling League
The North Carolina Interscholastic Cycling League was organized in 2015 to provide a fun, safe and high quality mountain biking program for students in grades 6 to 12. With the cooperation of our partners and our sponsors, we are able to provide a competitive mountain bike racing experience. Regardless of ability level, the North Carolina League is committed to providing a positive experience for all student-athletes in accordance with NICA’s Five Core Principles: Inclusive, Equal, Strong Body, Strong Mind and Strong Character. In turn, North Carolina’s goal is to create life-long cyclists who are conscientious, responsible and empowered.
The North Carolina League is committed to teaching safe riding practices. We believe forming school teams is the best way for students to learn how to ride safely. To learn safe riding techniques or to learn how to teach these skills, join our next rider camp or coaches conference. For up to date news and info join our e-mail list, or send an e-mail directly to email@example.com and let us know how you’d like to get involved.
To enable every North Carolina teen to develop a strong mind, a strong body and strong character through lifelong participation in cycling. The North Carolina Interscholastic Cycling League:
- Fills a niche for students whose needs may not met by traditional interscholastic sports
- Gets kids outside
- Welcomes and supports diversity in ability, ethnicity, gender, orientation, and skill level
- Promotes trail-building efforts and environmental awareness
- Improves focus and academic performance in our student-athletes
- Promotes health & fitness in teens & their families