Skilled and dedicated coaches are the most important aspect of North Carolina High School Cycling League mountain bike teams. A North Carolina League coach puts the safety and overall well-being of their student-athletes as the first priority. NICA-licensed coaches are role models and teachers who are open to learning the best practices of youth mountain bike coaching and actively working to hone their leadership skills.
- No experience is necessary to become a North Carolina League coach.
- We have the tools to help all coaches succeed.
- We offer comprehensive training at our Leaders’ Summit events (August).
- NICA coaches manuals provide detailed coaching instructions. (These are provided if you attend a Leaders’ Summit.)
- Check out the Educational Resources provided by NICA. Their free webinars are very useful – ranging from information on the NICA Rulebook to How to Start and Manage a High School Team – NICA WEBINAR SERIES SCHEDULE
Be sure to sign up for the North Carolina League Newsletter and stay up to date on North Carolina League events, clinics, camps and news!
How do I get started?
All coaches are required to obtain a coaches license at one of four levels:
1. General Volunteer
2. Ride Leader
3. Assistant Coach
4. Head Coach
The path to becoming an North Carolina League coach generally begins with volunteering for a local team or attending a Leaders’ Summit.
Click here to learn which license level works best for your needs.
Want to Start at Team?
Take a look at our Team Starter Kit Page.
Send an email to league director firstname.lastname@example.org.